Lots of entertainment in the air this week:
- Incredible post season in baseball with BOTH the Giants and the A’s. How exciting can you get? I can’t wait!
- A very lively presidential debate (which I found fascinating.) We could talk about it for days, but I think these debates will tell us a lot about each candidate. There’s more to come, plus the vice-presidential debates later this week (that one should be a pip!)
- The 49ers move into week four against the Buffalo Bills at 3-1, showing that they are legitimate contenders in the NFC West and the Raiders finally have a quarterback they can rely on.
- The Greg Kihn Band is rehearsing and heading to Arizona this weekend for a big gig with Scandal (featuring Patti Smythe) and Berlin (featuring Terri Nunn) at the Castle Rock Casino.
- New novel RUBBER SOUL is nearing completion. We are currently reading the galley proofs and fixing all the typos. Also, I am looking for cover art for this book and I will be trying different designs next week.
- I will be inducted into the Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame on Saturday. Sadly, I won’t be there because I’m gigging in Arizona that night, but I recorded a very short acceptance speech (which I will post here after Saturday) and my good friends and fellow DJ’s Chris Jackson and Laurie Roberts will accept the award for me.