Rock & Roll Biographies
Let’s talk about rock and roll biographies. I’ve been reading a lot and here is my list of the top ones:
1. Life by Keith Richards- Keith is very soulful and tells his whole story, drugs and all.
2. Grumpy Old Rock Stars by Rick wakeman- Hilarious account of his amazing life. This one is entertaining
3. I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne- Ozzy comes clean and its funny!
4. Does the Noise In My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler- Not as good as Keith but still good.
5. Red by Sammy Hagar- This guy is amazing! I love Sammy! What a businessman! A true American original.
6. Clapton! by Eric Clapton- I had no idea that Eric Clapton was so screwed up on drugs.
7. When Giants Walked the Earth by Mick Wall- The Led Zep story with no holds barred, a scary tale of excess.
8. Hammer Of The Gods by Stephen Davis- Another Led Zep bio, even more crazed…
9. The Beatles by Bob Spitz- The true story of the greatest rock band ever.
10. A Freewheelin’ Time by Suze Rotolo- Dylan’s girlfriend back in the early days tells a fascinating story.
11. Chronicles by Bob Dylan- Artfully written in a stream of consciousness style.
12. No One Here Gets Out Alive by Danny Sugarman- Jim Morrison was one messed up dude!
13. Stone Alone by Bill Wyman- Did he really bed 1000’s of women? I guess we’ll have to take his word for it.